Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mickey, Music, Musings

Such a good, relaxing day.

We all slept in later than usual, and honestly...who couldn't use that? ;-)

When Tori and Ashlyn woke up, I offered some granola to eat, while I was fixing one of their FAVES: Banana Bread! Yummy, yummy. Shelby is at her Dad's house till tonight, and I'm afraid there will be no banana bread left when she gets home...poor Shelby!

The girls wanted to do some Language Arts stuff last night (see previous post, Late-Night Schooling), so no pressure to do anything today. Honestly, I'm not pushing any of this stuff on them, and am actually a little discouraged that they seem to want to do school-y stuff. They both recently asked which "grade" they're in. Without going into a whole spiel about how grades are really irrelevant (in my opinion), I told them: "Ash, if you were in school, you'd be in 2nd grade. Tori, if you were in school, you'd be in 3rd grade".

Ashlyn's immediate response: "Second grade SUCKS...I want fird grade"! (Obviously, still a little trouble with that pesky "th"). ;-)

Hey, what does it matter to me? OK, Ash...you can work in one of Tori's "fird grade" books. Grades, schmades...school, schmool. Whatevah.

We watched American Idol together last night, me and the girls. Dave, who is allergic to any and all reality TV, went downstairs to play Civ on the computer. He told me to come down with him when the "crap" went off. I went downstairs to hang with Dave before he went to bed, sat on the couch giggling over Arrested Development (best damn show on TV, evah...sweartogawd) while he continued to play his game.

After a bit, the man turned around and said, "Ya know, this is what I love. I'm playing my game, doing my own thing, and I can hear you laughing behind me. I love just being in the same room as you, even though we're doing different things". I think I went over and kissed him after that. At least, I should have.

He shaved his beard yesterday morning, and woke me up saying "I hope I don't look too much younger than you now". He's 4 1/2 years younger than I...maybe I should have kicked him in the nads, hmm? ;-)

After David went to bed, I went online to find some coloring pictures for Lolo. Specifically, I was looking for Mickey Mouse stuff...she's fascinated by that little rodent lately. LOVES him! I found some stuff online, then searched on iTunes for songs from The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Ashlyn's big discovery for the night: "Mama, did you know that the guys who sing the Higglytown Heroes song also sing the song for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?". Well, I sure did, baby...it's They Might Be Giants!!! So I showed her the Here Come the ABCs CD we own, and then I found (on youTube) the vid for Birdhouse in Your Soul.




Damn, but that song holds up...love, love, love it. It makes me feel squishy inside.


I finally did find (and print off) some MM pictures for Loryn. She colored a bit, I turned my attention back to the computer, and a few minutes later I turned around to find this:




Forget coloring Mickey...Lolo drew him herself!

She definitely gets the artistic talent (hmmm...is that "autistic" talent, as well?) from Dave. I can't take any credit for that. Her beauty, however...well, that's all me! *snicker*


Here are some pictures of the artist/autist, from today.





We had a good, full day, weaving connections all the time.

1 comment:

momof3feistykids said...

WOW ... awesome art work and a wonderful moment with your hubby. :-) Next time you make banana bread, call me ... I'll be right over. :-P