Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shelby's got a new blog!

And here it is!

I enjoy reading what she writes. I hope she never wants to hide her writing from me.

When I was 13, I didn't want anyone (especially my MOM) reading anything I wrote. I still have trouble with that, sometimes...letting others read stuff I write.

At my last Writers Group meeting, I let one of my friends read a bit of fluff I had written after a particularly trying night with Lolo. Just crap stuff...anger, despair, pity (for myself), whathaveyou. I couldn't even sit there while she read, I got up and went to the bathroom. When I returned, she asked me if I had ever shown the piece to Dave.

*gulp*

NO way I could have shown it to my beloved David. He stresses way more than I do, and I didn't want to burden him with that kind of raw emotion. I already felt like the worst Mom in the whole world, just for writing out my thoughts...why would I add the guilt of (possibly) hurting Dave's feelings on top of the guilt I already felt?

Speaking of Writers Group...I really must get motivated to write more! There are a couple of writing projects I'd like to tackle, and I've been reading Writing Down the Bones, so hopefully I can find some inspiration...and soon!

4 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

I love Writing Down the Bones (Anne LaMott's Bird by Bird is good, too!) By the way, I also love the "crap fluff" you wrote; it seemed so eloquent and *real.*

When I was 13, I thought the world would surely end if my mom read my diary. After all, I was the *only* adolescent girl who ever felt like a worthless dork, or had sexual thoughts and fantasies, or found my parents thoroughly annoying ... right??? ;-)

I love the relationship you and Shelby have. I love my relationship with Sarah, too. (We keep it real!) (Remind me I said that next time I'm on a rant and want to sell my kids to the zoo)

Christine said...

You know, it is funny (well, not really funny) but after I read your last two posts this afternoon -- not five minutes later -- my boy came running to me after having just finished a poop party in the playroom! I feel your pain. But listen: it can't last forever, right?

Paige said...

Christine...only funny to Moms in a similar boat, probably. Not necessarily "Funny HA HA", but "Funny...geez-I'll-be-glad-when-this-phase-is-OVER"!

As for it not lasting forever? I'll admit, some days I have my doubts. But then today I saw Loryn doing the little "squat" stance, and ran to put her on the potty. I asked her if she needed to poop, and she said, "Pee-pee, poo-poo". WOW!

Goddess knows...there's something the kid's getting, right? (Although, she didn't actually DO anything in the potty) :-) Still, it gave me a bit of encouragement, ya know?

hestiahomeschool said...

We have a writer's group for our homeschoolers, and I am always impressed by how talented the kids are. I have some writing that is too raw for the kids, although occasionally I post it on my blog and I think some of them read it. My husband never reads anything I write, which is probably a good thing. :-)

love, Kas