Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 24, 2008

Overheard this evening

from Ashlyn, our sweet, eight year old Pyxie girl:

"Whew! Loryn...you smell like poop. And not the good kind, either!".


I'll admit...I laughed so much. Leave it to Ash to say something like this. I, for one, never realized that there was a "good kind" of poop smell. Some poops definitely smell better than others (or, should I say, some are less offensive smelling than others), but I'm not sure where she got this particular bit of info.

*CLARIFICATION* I just asked Ashlyn what she meant earlier, when she said that. She informed me that there are "Golden Poops", (I'm capitalizing, because she made it sound like a proper noun situation) and those are the best kinds, and the one that Loryn had done was definitely not a Golden Poop (emphasis hers).

Well, boy do I feel like an idiot. I had no idea. ;-)



Ash also told her first "real" fib yesterday, about her long fingernails and the fact that her Dad had cut them for her (he hadn't...she bit her fingernails, because she didn't want us to cut them with clippers).

I don't think she lied to get out of trouble, or anything like that. She knows we don't care if she bites her nails (she used to do it all the time, because the sensory overload of the fingernail clippers was too much for her). I think she just had fun telling her story. When I found out that Dave hadn't cut her nails, she giggled and immediately said, "Oh, I forgot...it was Shelby". (?)


Also tonight, Tori told me "I can't wait till I'm 10!"...and a split second later, "When do you think I'll get my period?"!

Dear Gawd.

No comments: