Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Back from Chi-Town!


Shelby's back from Chicago, where she was visiting my sister-in-law, Aunt Lisa (Dave's sister).

Last week, after spending a little time in Louisville, KY with Dave's brother and his family (Chuck, his wife Stephanie, and baby Garrett) and Aunt Lisa, most of us came back home to Virginia, while Shelby rode with Lisa to Lombard, IL (a suburb of Chicago) to spend some time with her favorite Aunt.

Big news? Well, Lisa spoiled her rotten, taking her to punk shops, music stores, and shows (The Blue Man Group, or, as Dave and I call them: I Just Blue Myself). The little cuss even got her first manicure! A complete and utter Grrrls Week, so to speak.

More big news? Shelby flew home (well, to Richmond International Airport) by herself!

Here she is, at the airport, with two of her sisters: Ash on the left, and Tori (with a new haircut!) on the right. They missed her terribly.

Well...cowappledogmmmmmouse

(Crap, Loryn got on the keyboard, apparently, when I answered the phone. I'll keep that, I think it's cute. See, Loryn does communicate...just in her own way)!

Anyway, what I was going to write is that we all missed Shelby terribly. I'm so happy for her, that she had a good and safe trip, but I'm stoked to have her back home. And I have to be honest and say that when it was time for us to leave her in Louisville, I bawled like a baby. I even had Dave going, a little. :-) It's really, really hard to let go...even for a little bit.

Oh, and Lisa (if you're reading): What's up with Shelby all of a sudden requesting a drum set for her birthday, hmmm?

3 comments:

Adesa said...

Perfect! Our homeschool band needs drums. Do we have a bass player yet? I bet Loryn and Aengus can do cowbell!

Paige said...

I have just two words for ya:


MORE COWBELL!

P.

Shelby said...

Thanks Adesa! See Mom? Adesa wants me to have a drum set. =D Cowbell? I'm confuzzled...lol. Druuuummmmm seeeeetttttt....