Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The "8 Things" Meme...

And how many times has this been around, again? It's fun, though, so I'll play along. That, plus I don't have anything pressing to write about now. Or, maybe I have too many things to write about, and I can't focus on just one or two...yeah, that's probably more likely.

To borrow a phrase from my good friend Steph, "Those who can, write. Those who can't...post Memes!".



8 Things About Me:
1. I have four daughters, and I despise people who ask me, "Oh, you were really trying for that boy, huh?". Fuck, that drives me crazy. Even worse is when someone asks Dave whether or not he could make a boy baby. Some people are stupid as hell. My girls are pretty amazing, and I've never once wished I had a boy. I mean, it might be nice, when I really think about it...but that's just baby-making hormones talking. I'm really happy with my kids. And we're done! (Pretty sure, anyway)!
2. I'm married to my best friend (the aforementioned "Dave"). He's smart, and funny, and wonderful. I met him through a McDonald's drive-thru speaker, kind of. His voice got to me...deep and sexy. Then when I drove around to the window, there he was, and he made me laugh at something silly he said. Did I mention he was a babe? (And by "babe", I mean he was a babe...19 years old, I think. I was 23). Anyway, I couldn't get him out of my mind, how cute he was, so I started coming by at lunch-time every day for a large Diet Coke (light ice), and we chatted a bit, and flirted a lot. Fast forward a couple of weeks, when, on his day off, he came by my work (the local library) as I was leaving, and asked me out to dinner. I was a single Mama (to wee Shelby, then about 3), and I turned him down because I didn't have a sitter. HE said, "No problem...I'd like to take you both out", and so we (all 3) went on our first date to a local buffet-style restaurant. He came back to my apartment after that, and the next thing I knew his clothes had mysteriously wandered into my closet. For the most part, we've been together ever since. We eloped in November of '97 (I was preggers with Tori), so this year is the big 10 year Anniversary! Seems like just yesterday.
3. I used to have a couple of piercings, but I let them close up. Right now I've got 3 holes in my left ear, and 2 in my right. I don't need anymore now, though I do think about getting my tongue pierced again. I've got one tattoo, and I want to get at least one more, that would be just for me. Plus, Dave and I are thinking about doing the Pam and Tommy Lee thing and getting rings tattooed on our ring fingers (neither of us wears a wedding band). I also dye my hair (often!), sometimes in some pretty wild colors. I guess I'm not ready to grow up yet.
4. I have a thing for erotic fiction. I want to write my own. I also like erotic photography.
5. I love, love, love music. I love Rufus Wainwright. He is above and beyond all others, to me. I might even consider leaving Dave for him (and Dave knows this), except for the fact that Rufus is a gay man. I would wash his underwear, though, if he wanted me to. Or I could trim his toenails. He's brilliant, and beautiful. The title of this blog is from a RW song, Beautiful Child.
And I'm going to see him (with Neko Case) in Charlottesville, on August 15. Hold me back.






6. I'm not religious. I don't believe in a christian god. I think of myself as a spiritual agnostic,
with Wiccan tendencies.
7. One of my favorite books is The World According to Garp, by John Irving. As far as flicks go, I'm a big fan of documentaries and independent films. Gotta love the IFC and Sundance channels!
8. I'm not a joiner, and I consider it my mission to question everything...especially authority!

I'm not tagging anyone, but send me your links if you respond to this meme. I'd love to see your 8 things!

No comments: