Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2007

QOTD: April 22, 2007

This is my own question of the day. I may begin a series of QOTDs from my own kids, but for today (first in the series...yay!), this is my own question.

Disclaimer: I don't know that every single QOTD will even have an answer. But I welcome your comments here whether you have an answer or not.

QOTD #1: Can Autism ever be cured, or is it simply hidden? That is: does training a child to act normally qualify as a cure for Autism?


BTW, just who's definition of normal are we using, anyway? ;-)

Here's some interesting reading, if you're so inclined. Not to say that I agree with everything written here, but it is thought-provoking, and I do tend to follow much of his logic. Interesting sidenote: Simon Baron-Cohen, the author of this paper, is a first cousin of Sacha Baron-Cohen, of Borat and Ali G. fame.

3 comments:

djs_111 said...

I dont think it will be "cured" anymore than cancer can or will be. I think we can try to better understand the causes of both though through research.


ps-
save those awareness month shows you tivo'd

momof3feistykids said...

I like the new "look" and the QOTD motif. My answer to the QOTD question is too long and complicated to post here.

See you tonight ... I hope.

PS - djs said you TIVOed those shows. I am not clear how "TIVO" works, but may I borrow them - or come over and watch them with Sarah sometime?

Paige said...

You can watch them here, as long as you don't mind sitting on my bed to do so. ;-) (I recorded them on our bedroom TV). If you have a blank VHS tape, I can try to record them as well.

The Nick News segment was very well done...better explanation of Autism and all it entails than I've seen in a looong time. I haven't watched the movie After Thomas yet.


Paige