Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 23, 2007

Virginia is for (Book) Lovers!

So here I am on a Friday evening, happily typing away on Library Thing, adding more titles to my ever-growing catalog of books, when BAM! I get this message: Free memberships are limited to 200 books. Upgrade to a paid membership and catalog as many books as you like. A yearly membership costs only $10.



Of course, you have to ask yourself: What in the hell is Paige doing adding books to her LibraryThing account on a Friday night? Well, that's a whole other topic altogether. ;-)






This pic shows just a sampling of books I scored this past Sunday, at the Green Valley Book Fair. If you ever get to Mt. Crawford, VA...well...you should mind the cowshit. But also, see if you can arrange to stop by the Book Fair. I bought 35+ books, and only paid $90!! (Some books are absent from the picture, because Shelby swiped her Manga before I could get the pic taken, and I hid some away for future b-day gifts).

More info on the Book Fair: It's usually held 6 times a year, for a couple of weeks each time. Here's the 2007 schedule:

March 17 thru April 1
May 12 thru 28
June 30 thru July 15
August 18 thru September 3
October 6 thru 21
Nov. 23 thru Dec. 9, 2007

Open Only during Scheduled Dates from 9am - 7pm Daily

Now, about that LibraryThing. I guess I'll just pony up the 10 bucks. It's not a lot of money, and I SO have to brag about all my neat-o titles!

By the way, here's the link to my LibraryThing page...see if you have any of the same titles!

1 comment:

momof3feistykids said...

I love the Mount Crawford Book Fair (cowshit and all). Hmm ... that may be my plan for today.

http://steph-roomofmyown.blogspot.com/