Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 17, 2007

Rufus: LIVE!







sigh
Wednesday, August 15th, 2007:
Rufus Wainwright, LIVE, in Charlottesville, VA.

To quote little Ash, it was "my best day ever". LOTS of kewl things happened on that day (I'll post more about that stuff later...lots to tell, and I'm trying to get my shit together so we can get on the road to see my 'rents, in Danville).

Rufus, in concert, was the icing on the cake, for me. Deliciously sweet, beautiful, gay icing. And my wonderfully sweet, darling husband was able to snag 6th row seats.

These pics aren't from MY show (they caught me with my camera right outside the venue), but it's the same get-up that he wore in C'ville.







This was taken during his opener, Release the Stars. It had to be Release the Stars...I remember that little flick of the wrist on his forehead.


He came out for his encore in a pink fuzzy bathrobe and performed Hallelujah (aided by sis Lucy), and a couple of other faves. THEN, here comes this:








Black tights? Check.

Black heels? Check.

Red lipstick and dangly diamond jewelry? Check.

Off with the robe, fellas...Come on Get Happy (By Miss Judy Garland, of course)!





Video of another show, just in case you're interested:



1 comment:

momof3feistykids said...

Seriously? Tights and high heels? :-D Great pictures! I can see that this was your BEST day EVAH!