Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten

Here I sit at the upstairs computer, drinking Chai with honey, and knowing that I should wake Loryn up. I don't want to, though. I want to put this off, somehow. Is she ready for this? Am I?

But, it's a big day, and one we signed up for, so I will wake her up, and help her dress, and help her "bwush teef" and all that stuff. We'll get to school at 8:40 or so, and her teacher and classmates will meet us outside the office.

Dave has to be at work today at 8:00, so he'll miss this. He had a hard time leaving today, I think. He whispered to Loryn as she slept, and kissed her twice.

She looks so little, still, when she's sleeping. Her diaper and little nursing face make look about two years old, instead of five! But you should have seen her, last night, running around her classroom during Open House. Such a big girl!

I really like her teacher. (Yes, it feels weird that Loryn has a "teacher").

Seven kids, one main teacher, two assistants, a speech therapist and an Autism program supervisor. Still feeling pretty optimistic about it.

I'll post pics later.

I'm going to wake her now.

5 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Now I am in suspense. How did it go? How did Loryn feel about school today? How did YOU feel? HUGS, Kiddo.

Not Hannah said...

I came here from Crazy Hip Blog Mamas because I liked your title and kept reading because of the school + Asperger's dealio. My little boy is in kindergarten now and has struggled with the regular school setting (as have we, even though we know it's all for the best.) I'm looking forward to going through your blog when I'm not falling over with exhaustion.

Hope all went well with Ms. Loryn.

Adesa said...

Paige, what a poignant post. Your spirit really came through, and I feel for you. I can sense the conflict juxtaposed with hope. Beautifully written.

Let us know how Lolo handles this new adventure!

Maddy said...

It's a huge transition for both of you.
Best wishes

hestiahomeschool said...

How did it go? I am hoping for the best for your whole family...and I can echo the same feeling. Mandy was still in diapers at five and it was hard to think of her being a kindergartner..

love, Kas